There are three elements of a Reiki practice that I enjoy most:
1. Anyone can practice Reiki
2. The foundation of a Reiki practice rests in the importance of self-care
3. A Reiki practice is not bound by any particular belief system or religion. In other words, if you feel there is more to our world than meets the eye, Reiki is a practice that essentially clears the way for your connection to that place.
In practical terms, as conventional modern medicine has become more specialized, the human body has been dissected into smaller and smaller parts. It is now becoming increasingly clear that it is impossible to treat each “part” as if it has no connection to the “whole”.
As a result, medical practitioners and patients alike are literally taking matters into their own hands and exploring energetic healing methods as a way to re-connect with, and attend to, all facets of Self simultaneously.
And even though science can’t yet prove how or why energy modalities work, promising studies are currently underway at such prestigious institutions as National Institutes of Health.
As Pamela Miles states in her book Reiki: A Comprehensive Guide,
“To understand how Reiki works, we need to go beyond the scope of conventional medicine—but not beyond the scope of rationality. Rather, we need simply to allow ourselves to extend past the limits of what scientific technology is capable of measuring at this time.”
Eventually I’m sure energy medicine will be viewed as a “valid” form of health care. In the meantime, I must say it feels good to spend my days serving people who feel Reiki Sessions have improved their overall feeling of well-being.
If you are new to Reiki, there are three levels of training. Each level emphasizes a different facet of the Reiki system, deepens your realization of consistent, balanced feelings of well-being, and strengthens your ability to handle Life in whatever form it takes along your way.
Each Reiki training level is also accompanied by an initiation connecting you to the unified field and raising your personal vibration to a higher level.
Although it is very powerful to learn Reiki within a group setting, sometimes it’s not possible. It could be that you are so inspired you can’t wait for a class that meshes with your schedule, or you preferred learning style is one-on-one. In either case, I am happy to accommodate.
Investment for Group instruction $200 ($200 individual)
No previous experience is necessary for Level 1. This is an enjoyable two-day course that gives you an understanding of Reiki and its benefits for you and those around you.
- The Precepts of Reiki, integrating awareness into daily life
- The story of Mikao Usui, founder of the Usui System of Natural Healing and other figures in the lineage of this oral tradition
- Three Pillars of Reiki, preparing to receive and share Reiki
- The basic Reiki hand positions & accompanying handouts
- Practice of self-treatment and giving a Reiki session to another
- A Reiki 1 Certificate and Lineage
Energetic modalities are most easily learned through experience. So even though lecture and handout materials will be components of the agenda, you will also have large blocks of time for hands-on practice to more fully integrate this course of study.
After completing Reiki I you will have the tools you need to develop a personal Reiki practice.
Prerequisite: Reiki I
Investment Group Training $300 ($350 individual)
The gift of Reiki II is learning how to offer distant Reiki to others.
Here are a few compelling reasons why Reiki II might be right for you:
- Offer Reiki to family or friends living far from you
- Connect more deeply with those you serve
- Enhance your physical surroundings
- Pre-pave your day for balance and clarity
- Heal the past
Generally I encourage you to practice your Reiki self-treatment every day for at least 3 months before enrolling in Reiki II. However, since you know best about where you are in energy work, I will fully respect your decision to move more quickly.
Elements covered in class include:
- Reiki II symbols and how to use them
- Distance healing techniques for family, friends and world situations
- Reiki ethics and etiquette
- Confidence in your deepening sense of connection to all of Life
- Hands-on practice using the symbols and intuition in distance healing
- A Reiki II Certificate of Completion and Lineage
According to tradition, one must be Initiated as a Reiki Master to teach Reiki to others. As a Reiki Master, I stand ready to support your desire to teach Reiki if you are ready for that step.
If you are already a Reiki Master, or are a practitioner who is interested in expanding Reiki into your community, my experience as a certified professional spiritual coach has uniquely prepared me to fully support Your journey of sharing Reiki with the world.
Of course your desire to deepen your Reiki connection—and your choice of a Reiki Master to support your way—will be a very personal one.
If you are looking for someone who …
… emphasizes Self-Honoring and Self-Care
… knows that you know the best answers for your experience
… holds that my role is to facilitate your self-discovery and expanded consciousness
… lives by Reiki Principles
… and has a treasure trove of proven, practical tools to support your ability to make a living wage from your Reiki Practice…
… I would like to share what I know with You. Contact me to explore the possibilities. 410-251-7701